If you closely follow the happenings in the world of MODX you know that Bob Ray's book MODX: The Official Guide. is now available. I was fortunate to receive a copy of the unreleased PDF a few weeks ago and have been looking through it. Now that the book is available for pre-order, I thought it would be a good idea to share my thoughts. First, I want to say that the release of this book is really exciting and a great step forward for the MODX community. This is not the first MODX book to be published. The first one was written in Japanese and covered MODx Evolution. This was followed later by two books published by Packt that also covered Evolution. I have, of course, not read the Japanese book but have looked at the two Packt books, and I can comfortably say that Bob's book far supercedes either of the Packt books and is far superior product to either of them, and I recommend it without reservations.
Tag Archives Book
Welcome to the first ever Coding Pad Blog Contest!! We're giving away some stuff - so read on! What's the occasion? - None really, just thought it would be cool to celebrate the MODx Content Management Framework/System What's my goal? - To get more exposure for MODx and to get more people interested in MODx and it's power and flexibility. And ofcourse, to invite more interaction on the Coding Pad :) What's up for grabs? -
- A copy of the MODx Web Development book by Antonio Solar John. This is the first ever MODx book in the English language. I currently have three copies to give away to three winners, but hope to get more in the coming days.
- In addition to the book, the top winning entry will also get a namecheap account with $20 credit (you can use this for purchasing domain names) and a three month membership to the tuts+ network!
- In addition to the book, the second winning entry will get a three month membership to the tuts+ network.
- In addition to the book, the third winning entry will get an opportunity for some free MODx consulting from modxguru.com's Shane Sponagle, an experienced MODx Developer. You get to choose from one of two consulting options: an analysis of your MODx website with a report on how to improve your website, or 2 hours of email support consulting. You will have three months from the day the contest ends to utilize the consultation.
- The fourth and fifth winning entries will each get a one month membership to the tuts+ network